Wild Caught White Clams (500g)
4 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1⁄2 cup white wine
200 grams spaghetti
1 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper 1⁄4 tsp chili flakes
Handful of chopped parsley
For some added creaminess, sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente.
- About 5 minutes before pasta is ready, heat up a pan with olive oil. Add in the garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Stir constantly until garlic turns golden then add in the tomatoes.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then add in the clams and wine. Cover pan with a lid and let it bubble for 3-4 minutes. Constantly shake pan until clams open. Take pan off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with clams. Stir in the parsley and mix. Either drizzle in a bit of extra virgin olive oil or add a knob of butter for creaminess.
- Best served with some chunks of bread to mop up the juices. Enjoy!
* This recipe may be used with any of these other products from Andrei’s Gourmet Place: Green or Blue Mussels, Peeled Black Tiger or Vannamei Shrimps