Chinese Steamed Fish
1 Wild Caught Lapu Whole Cleaned,
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch cilantro
1 large piece ginger
¼ cup seasoned soy sauce
3 tbsps cooking oil
1 tsp sugar
If unable to to find seasoned soy sauce, use same amount of light soy sauce, sugar to taste and a splash of rice wine or cooking wine.
- Cut half the ginger and green onions into larger pieces. Slice the remaining half into thin matchstick slivers. Clean and wash the cilantro.
- Arrange 3-5 larger green onion and ginger pieces onto a steaming plate. Place the fish on top of those pieces. Place some additional green onion and ginger pieces into the belly of the fish.
- Steam the fish for 15-18 minutes or until done.
- When the fish is ready, remove the plate from the steamer and pour out any accumulated liquid. Lay the thinly sliced green onions, ginger and cilantro along the top of the fish.
- In a small saute pan, heat the oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Pour it directly over the top of the fish to cook the garnish.
- Drizzle soy mixture over the fish and serve immediately. Enjoy!
*This recipe may be used with any of these other Wild Caught products: Red Snapper or Red Coral Grouper, either whole fish or fillet